Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Then the Wind blew

Dear Family and Friends,
Oh how the wind did blow, all night and then all day today.  If something could be blown about last night it was, things crashed, bumped and wiggled all night.  But then I texted Marilyn who lives in Rhode Island and discovered that they too are having winds but with their winds comes a 17 degree temperature, can you imagine getting stuck on a road in 17 degree temperature and then experiencing the severe winds as well.  Oh I shudder as I write.

Today was a low key day here at the mustard acres.  I hunkered down with a roaring fire, Starr sleeping nearby and just looked into this computer monitor all day long.  Seems I spent the majority of the day putting our fires generated by people sitting at desks who were bent on ripping up my work, it happens but I never enjoy it.  And then this afternoon I wrote up the field review for the house I say in Hayward yesterday and within minutes came back a reply, you must move it to a different form in spite of that form being the wrong one, the lender wanted it so I had to comply.  So for the $175 fee I've driven to Hayward, spent two hours driving about taking photos and writing notes and then the afternoon writing up the report only to be told to write it up again on a different form.  Do I sound happy?  Well I'm not totally pleased to be sure.

Then this evening I was moving the 5 gallons of water from the reverse osmosis system to the water cooler and heater in my case.  Just as I tipped it onto the stand it slipped and 5 gallons of water gushed all over my wood floors and steps.  So for the next few minutes I scrambled to get that water up off the floor before it ruined the whole floor,  I managed to get it up with the help of two huge towels and repeated trips to the sink to wring them out.  So now I have no water bottle, you see it broke when it hit the floor and no hot water until I solve this latest little problem.

This evening at 5 I decided to skip weight watchers and went to watch Kallie in her swimming lesson.  She is doing very well and loves the class.  Then we moved to the other end of town to the gym where Keanna was in her gymnastics class.  I had a chance to talk to Nikki and bit and to relax with family.  It was great.

Now its bed time and Ken says we walk but if the winds are blowing like this morning I'm NOT going.

Love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment