Friday, February 11, 2011

Some Good Days

Dear Family and Friends,
At this moment the entire house smells like freshly baked bread.
And finally this time the loaf filled the entire machine right up to the window.  When I looked in and there was about 30 minutes to go I was thrilled. Finally a decent loaf so what did I do differently?  Well I can't think of a thing.  I did heat the water up a bit and used more than is called for to offset the fact that I use more whole wheat flower than is called for.  The yeast is fast acting and otherwise everything I did was normal.  You know what, I'll just take the bread and enjoy it.  The loaf was so large that I had to cut it into two pieces to get it into the plastic sacks I use to hold it.  Its a nice way to finished up the week.

Tomorrow I have the high honor of taking the girls to Sabbath School in Tracy.  Then we will catch some lunch somewhere and return them to their loving, adoring parents!

In the evening I'm meeting the Lammerdings in Stockton for dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and deliver some girls scout cookies for Keanna.  I'll be joined by a friend and perhaps even Nikki, Steve and the girls.  We will see, it will be very nice to see Barb and Gerry again.  They have been friends for just about forever.

This morning as I was on my way to Brentwood to inspect a house I stopped at Starbucks for a decaf mocha and ran into Therese Hall.  She was the wonderful home health nurse that cared so lovingly for Nan over the last couple years coming to our home several times a week and even more as the need increased.  She was absolutely marvelous in every way and it was great to catch up on her active life.  She is in the process of becoming a nurse practiciner and working in Oakland at the present time.  She is one of those special people that you will never forget as long as you live.  What a huge difference she made in our lives.

Well its time to settle in for the evening. 

Love to all


Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment