Sunday, February 13, 2011

Talk about a great day!

Well this has been a Sabbath to remember.  Ken and I walked at 6:30 in 39 degree temperature.  At 9 I picked up the girls before driving to our church in Tracy.  Keanna enjoyed a great Sabbath School with Sylvia and Kallie and I went to Kim's class.  Kallie had a busy time doing all the activities that Kim had planned.  Early on she tipped her hand when she asked if we could do snacks next, it was cute.

We drove with Keanna lunching on onion rings and Kallie sipping her chocolate milk.  Then I relinquished the girls into their parents custody and headed home.  I napped in the good old work chair and then picked up a bit around the house, finished putting away the Christmas ornaments and prepared for the evening.

My friend arrived from her home in Antioch and we drove first to the country club in Stockton where I returned a set of plans that I had had for several months for a huge and wonderful home.  Then we met Barb and Gerry at the Spaghetti Factory and in a little while Nikki and the girls joined us.  We really had a very nice time with great food and enjoyable conversation.  Afterwards Barb and Gerry picked up their girl scout cookies from Keanna and headed back to Lincoln.  We drove back to Discovery Bay where we enjoyed the fires glow and Starr made a new friend.

What a joy friendship is, what a blessing family is, people interacting with people, the real meaning of life.  Friendship does not depend on power or money, not on prestige or accomplishments but on something as simple as just listening to one another, learning and appreciating.

So I wish each of you a good night,

Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment