Monday, February 7, 2011

Nice

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 11 and I'm waiting for my new exciting loaf of bread to finish baking.  The entire house smells great, like someone lives here that actually knows something about the kitchen, not!

Today started bright and clear at 7 when I joined the family inside for breakfast.  Jason soon had to leave for work but before he went he made the most delicious cup of java, so good.  Mia was all smiles and Timothy was eating his Cherrios.  We played trains for a little while and then I ventured out to start the process of unhooking water and electrical power, putting in the slide, securing everything so it won't fly and break once the motor home starts down the road.  Then I pulled out the ramps and drove the bug onto the tow dolly and did the final research for the properties I was to see while I still had Jason and Jo's excellent wifi signal.

After I drove out having said good byes to the kiddos and Jo I headed to the nearest gas station.  One has to be careful with about 35 feet of equipment you can't just stop at any station along the way, it has to have enough room.  So I put in $49 work of very expensive gas and headed over Highway 17.  I took it easy the trip over the mountain turned out to be very simple and safe. Then up Highway 85 to Ray and Lois's second home to do an appraisal.  That's when the fun started!  Following the GPS I thought it told me to turn into a side street but once I was well into it I saw the numbers were all wrong.  Then I realized it was a court with no space for me to turn around, remember a tow dolly and a car on the tow dolly.  Unless you are Tom Miller, professional truck driver you just don't back up.  So I unloaded the bug, what else to do.  By this time I was getting better at the steps one needs to take to unload.  Then I backed the motor home and the tow dolly up until I was on the right street.  Ray could hardly contain his amusement at my plight, I found it very funny also.

I was able to quickly measure the property and Ray drove me around to shoot comps and then I loaded the bug up again and was off.  This time I headed for Hayward and about an hour later I found  place in a huge shopping center where I could park and unload once again.  The appraisal I needed to review had finally arrived in the email this morning.  So for the next hour and 1/2 I drove to 9 properties and shot photos, then it was back to the parking lot, load the bug and head home.  I kept thinking how much fun the adventure was, I had long dreamed of camping and using the dolly to do work as well and it was finally happening.  During the day 2 other orders arrived by email into my phone, that was good news.

The trip home was uneventful which is the ideal when driving a motor home and I arrived at about 5:15.  Now everything important that was in the motor home is safely in the house, the tow dolly is put away and I'm ready to go to bed as soon as the bread machine clicks off and beeps.  I almost had a disaster when I was starting to make the bread.  Without thinking I started to pour the 1 and 1/3 cup of water into the machine and then saw the bread basket sitting beside the machine.  I was pouring water directly into the heating and power part of the machine.  I quickly took it to the sink and dumped the water out, dried it as best I could and went ahead.  Now it looks like the machine forgave me as the bread is just about done.

I remember Nan used to become sad at times and when I would quiz her why she would look at me with misty eyes and say, who is going to take care of you if I die?  And I would assure her first of all that she was not going to die and secondly I would be fine, just keep thinking positive thoughts.  But frankly she did have a point, its not been an easy road without her but I think she would be pleased with the things I now know how to do.  This weekend has been really nice, first the happy girls to Sabbath School and then spending the rest of the time with the family at MBA, clear nights, nice sunsets, beautiful children and so many nice moments with Jo and Jason.

When I pulled up in front of the house this evening I just breathed a grateful prayer, thank you Lord for such a safe and wonderful time.  We will never know all the special things our Heavenly Father has done to protect, guide, enhance our lives.  Oh that we could love like that!!

Love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment