Friday, February 18, 2011

Measuring in the rain, what fun!

Dear Family and Friends,
How do they ever do it, I mean appraisers who live in Oregon or Seattle where it rains all the time?  How do they keep on measuring in the rain?  I only have to do it once in a while yet I never really grow used to it.

This afternoon the house was about 3,000 sf and located in Mountain House, sure enough when I pulled up the rain was coming down.  I pulled out the coat and just started in.  The fun really started when I got to the back yard, mud from fence to fence and even worse 2 labs.  They put the labs in kennels but the mud remained and of course one requirement is a photo of the rear of the house taken as the appraiser stands at the back fence so I had to venture out across that sea of mud.  I've done it hundreds of times and never really started loving it.  But before long I was back in the beetle with the heater on high and my shoes steaming with moisture.  The things we do for money and of course this is the one they are paying me a whole $210, used to be $400 for an appraisal of a house like this. Yet I'm grateful to have the work. 

Once the appraisal and the 8 photos were taken of other homes I decided to detour to Olive Garden.  The soup, salad and eggplant were perfect and as I ate I warmed up, it was a perfect ending to a less than perfect day.

I'm fighting something internally, not sure what but the combination of the new Victoza and the different pump for breathing at night seems to have really hit me hard.  Hopefully I'll quickly recover and feel better.  Of course the not knowing what is going to happen with my home and the loan company also weights on me all the time.  How I wish they would give me a fighting chance.  Its in the Lords hands right now, I've done all I can at this point.

So I take miss Kallie to Sabbath School in the morning, Keanna is busy with her mother and Girl Scout things.  Kallie and I will have fun, she loves Sabbath School and her teacher Kim.

Well for now its time to sign off, hit the bed, grab some rest and see if I can wake up feeling better.  Love to all and keep warm, dry and enjoy your down time.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment