Sunday, February 27, 2011

GPS fails, day slows down

Dear Family and Friends,
Well today the unthinkable happened, a machine struck back.  After being parked for a few minutes in the Raley parking lot the GPS froze up and did not work again for the rest of the day.  I really was counting on it to find addresses of newly constructed homes in Brentwood and then guide me to a condo in Pleasanton.  It did not happen.

A few minutes ago instead of going to bed as planned I hooked the unit up to the laptop and downloaded a repair patch software and it appears to be alive again now.  But from now on no more standing on the dash in the sun, I don't think it can handle it and today was NOT hot at all, after all we have snow on the peaks around here. 

However everything worked out, it just took more time to actually have to think and carefully search the maps I had with me.  How easy it is to slip into habits of depending on our machines for everything and usually they come through.

A new week is coming at us like a fast moving freight train.  I was just reading an email from a friend and all the things that are on the agenda, seems to much for a person to accomplish.  I'm seeing several properties tomorrow in Tracy which will be fun, love that little town.

Wishing each of you a good week and I hope you can find spots of job, peace, enlightenment and insight as you race into Monday.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment