Tuesday, July 5, 2011

And then Summer arrived....whew

Dear Friends and Family,

Well our hot weather is upon us.  When I headed to bed last night I forgot I had not turned the AC on and the room was incredibly hot so I came back downstairs and worked until 12:30.  It was growing cooler and I feel asleep instantly.
This morning once I was fully awake I stumbled from bed and went outside to dump the RV tanks while it was still sort of cool.  With that task behind me I turned to fixing a valve that was dumping water under the front lawn.  After fighting that for awhile I retrieved the pipe wrench that Jerry had thought to bring me on his last trip.  That did the trick and after a quick trip to ACE in town for a cap the leak was repaired.  Then looking at the fast growing lawn I grabbed the push mower and knocked down the grass, by then it was hot and that was not really a fun exercise but it did get my heart pumping.  Once inside I made a smoothie with blue berries, strawberries, a fig newton bar, some protein powder, soy milk, ice and water along with a banana.  It was great.
Then I settled in to write up an appraisal that was due today.  Can you imagine my disappointment when upon completing the report I discovered that I had not taken the comp photos.  I had been forced to find a bathroom which happened to be a Burger King.  Once I finished eating I just drove home totally forgetting to go back and shoot the comps.
That meant I had to drop everything and drive to Danville to shoot the comps.  Once that was completed I drove onto the Oakland hills and did the review, that seemed to take forever, the roads are twisted, narrow and dangerous, some teens almost ran over me but someone was watching over me and them too.  Once Oakland was put behind me I drove to Emeryville to conduct another review, then drove home arriving about 9:45.
I quickly inserted the photos into the report and just emailed it to them.  Well it is still today but a bit later than I planned.
Now its bed time for sure.
If felt different to be back to work with no kiddo smiles or play.  Now a perfect world would be to live on a street with both families living nearby.  But of course we don't live in a perfect world and I doubt Nikki and Jason would consider that a perfect world anyway, they do their own thing and do it very well.
So good night, oh by the way still no money today, its like there is a filter installed on incoming mail and all checks are sent elsewhere.  Its so past critical.
Sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,

    I seem to recall that in past financial droughts, it may have helped to send out statements/reminders? Maybe you don't have the office help to be able to do that extra step any more. My prayers are with you; I remember similar droughts from our earlier days of self-employment.

    Bev Scott

    ReplyDelete