Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living on bread and water

Good evening friends and family,

Life is interesting to say the least, another day with just three pieces of mail, a worthless flyer, an insurance offer and some other piece of trash, disappointing to say the least.  Mid afternoon I did hear from my biggest accounts receivable client, AppraiserLoft.  After weeks of emails and attempted phone calls this afternoon an email arrived saying that on August 1 they would cut a check for nearly $2,500.  Well that is great news but I could really use it now.

Tomorrow morning I'm putting two new tires on the motorhome as one of the tires on there right now has steel belt showing, not really a good thing.  The manager has agreed to hold my check until Thursday when some money is arriving.  Every day I hope to be able to submit my application for license renewal but that is $435 and so far its not in the cards.  More orders came in today and one of them is especially appealing, it is for my own bank and they pay within days when the appraisal is completed so even though the order came in this afternoon I inspected the property this evening at 7:15 and will have the report completed tomorrow for sure.  I am determined to do everything I can to help this process along but with the new laws in effect there is only so much I can do now, much more limited than before.

I saw a home in Brentwood this morning, came home and wrote the appraisal up and emailed it out this afternoon.  It was a very nice home with excellent condition.  A bank foreclosure after just a few years of ownership.  It originally sold for over $500,000 and today it went out at about $350,000.  How times change.

On the health front I've seen a dramatic difference in the blood sugar numbers.  Ideal is between 90 and 120 and this morning the resting was 115, at 12:50 today it was 81 which is not so good, at 65 you sort of pass out.  It is true that I don't feel too great part of the time, adjusting to lower blood sugar is a challenge and I have to keep things around to eat if it goes too far down.  Yet I'm grateful for better numbers, it means that my body is still producing insulin, it just needs to be woken up.

Well I'm winding down now, sleepy, worn out and very grateful for a nice bed, for my little buddy Starr and for the blessings of life.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment