Monday, July 18, 2011

Mellow weather continues

Every day of this nice weather is a real blessing.  While the rest of the country bakes we enjoy a break and its nice.  Ken and I walked this morning and it was great. 

I worked creating reports until late afternoon when I left for Orinda, a new order had just arrived and it was a driveby so it did not need an appointment.  Orinda always takes more time than other areas due to narrow twisting roads and streets but it so very beautiful.

Then it was back to Walnut Creek for fuel.  I just put $20 in at a time, gives me 200 miles in the bug.  Then it was homeward bound using a backroad that is filled with memories.  Nan crashed there a long time ago destroying a little Ford van we had just purchased.  She rolled it and destroyed every body panel in the entire van but stepped out fine.   It was not her time yet and I'm so glad we had her many more years, yet I always think of her when I pass the farmhouse where she crashed.

Its been a long day and I do have news to report on the financial front.  A check came in the mail today, imagine how excited I was once I opened it and found $35.  Thats it, I'm owed $10,000 by clients but I get a check for $35.  All I could think of was God has a sense of humor.

Well I'm really worn out tonight but thankful to have work and eagerly awaiting the day when the clients will remember to pay the ones that do the work.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment