Sunday, July 10, 2011

Moving forward

Good evening
Well this has been one of those days that seemed to work and it was capped off by a mini miracle.

First the miracle, last evening Ray and I went to the Cornfest primarily to hear the band, our hearing has not been the same since but it was fun to see performers up close do their craft and the people watching was great too.  Ray and I were both amused by the number of people that are on their phones all the time even at the concert or texting continually.  A real twist in society, but I'm not sure we are better for the progress of technology.

Once I rose this morning and came down I discovered that the little blue tooth I use was missing.  All day I have tried to think through where I had it last and what happened to it.  I knew it had gone to the Cornfest with me but I thought I had left it in the car but it was NOT in the car no matter how hard I looked.  It was not on my desk, the bedroom, the family room, the kitchen and so I just mentioned it to God, not a big deal but still over a $100 to replace.  Its a Jawbone and has been very faithful over the past few years.

This evening Ray agreed to assist me by going with me to Brentwood so I could get the motorhome and bring it back home.  I decided upon arriving that I'd walk to the place I'd parked the car last night and when I did there was the blue tooth device stuck in the dirt and dust.  It appeared to be dead and it had been run over, perhaps by me when I was pulling out.  I was just amazed to see it there in the dirt.  Once I got home I plugged it into the charger and it works.  I am thankful and amazed, thats my mini miracle for today.  Now perhaps we can have another by money coming in the mail!!!!

I'm being very careful to take my blood sugar several times a day now and to be sure and take all the meds faithfully.  It is working, this afternoon at 3 pm the number was 91.  I am so pleased.  Dr. Jim has been helpful once again.

Well during the day today several appraisals went out the door and tomorrow I see a big place in Livermore that is on the market for over a million dollars.  That should be fun to measure and inspect.  This afternoon Terry, the person that rented the motorhome last met me at Starbucks and I gave him the missing clothes I had found in the motorhome and he gave me the last of the money plus paid for the chairs that had been stolen, what a bummer for them.  I really enjoy this family.  They are hard working and doing a great job with their kids.  I'm very glad to have met them.

Well here comes the week ready or not.  Lets all do our best to care for people, go on God's errands and smile a whole lot.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment