Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kindness really makes life worth living

Good evening
You never really know when you are going to be surprised by kindness, a smile, a nod of the head, a gracious action.  Too many times we get so wrapped up in doing, going, succeeding, controlling, teaching etc that we forget to just be kind.  It has been said that as people grow older the dominate thing about their life becomes even more so.  Do you think that is true?  Perhaps it is.

In my work I meet people nearly every day, people I've never met before and probably will not see again.  Frankly I try to make a good impression on them, for my sake, for the lenders sake that hired me and to help them relax as I examine their closets, their bathrooms, their bedrooms, all is laid bare as I look closely at their private world.  So I try to warm them up, those are my words, you know, help them relax, comment on grandchildren, artwork, remodeling, a car in the garage, something to break the ice and help them relax for the process.  I'm not pulling teeth but some people see it that way I'm sure.

I've just finished an appraisal for a lady in San Jose and she was one I could not win over no matter how hard I tried.  Perhaps it was the three children that she has already buried that turned her world a bit cold but she was so afraid that I would not like her home and find a value that would help her, her fear was apparent the whole time I was there.  Yet her home was very nice, filled with pre garage stuff but still nice in spite of a doll over population!

Could the Lord have the same problem?  Are there people that He just can't win over no matter what He does or helps with?

Today has been good, saw a house this morning in Oakley, came home and wrote it up and shipped it out, same day service!  This evening I've tackled another one that I just emailed out.  Orders only seem to come in one at a time right now but I do have one for tomorrow after I get the new tires for the motorhome.  That will be first thing in the morning.  One wonders if its wise to spend the money but how can I send a family to Yellowstone on 10 year old tires?  I mean really!

Well sending best wishes to all and lets all give kindness a bigger place in our lives. Tonight I'm thankful that my long time friend Sylvia has returned from Mexico with no bullet holes and with happy stories to tell of her mission adventure.  She is very happy to be home at last and the world can rest easier that Sylvia is nearby.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment