Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family Kindness

Dear Family and Friends,
You know the day is good when you get to have a good conversation with both your son and daughter in the same day.  They are busy running their lives and I sure appreciate getting to catch up with a bit of their whirlwind activities.

Today's accomplishment is covered with grease and road dirt, that is the step that Ray pulled off the motorhome yesterday is now back on and working.  This afternoon I took a heavy hammer, looked closely at the moving parts that were bent and started hitting them hard with the hammer, gradually they bent back into alignment, then I took a Qtip and applied a heavy layer of grease to all the moving parts.  Finally it began to move smoothly on the garage floor so later I decided to bolt it back on, that was no easy task but with the help of a car jack and a tool Ray created to reach way into the back to hold a bolt head I was able to get it back on, then I hooked up the wires and when I touched the ground wire it almost ran over me.  Thrilled that it would work I assembled the rest and Ray came then to open and close the door.  The step behaved perfectly each time.  You see its a power step and when the door opens a magnet opens and activates the step which then moves out from under the motorhome to help a person step in.  When the door closes again the step closes back under the motorhome.  Without it there is a very large step into and out of the motorhome and it is unsafe and a bother.  Now lets just hope it works every time.

This morning I rolled out early, did 15 minutes on the tredmill, showered and raced to Pittsburg where I purchased the 4 back tires for the motorhome.  The guys did a great job and had me use the back lifters which are a part of the motorhome to raise it for their work.  Now I think it is safe to send the family to Yellowstone for the next three weeks.

I had intended to see a home in Antioch today but did not make it so I guess I'll do it in the morning.  Its the last order I have to see and I want to get it done and back to them quickly, in hopes that might spring other work loose.

Our weather has crept up to a warmer level once again and with it the AC is running more.  We try to keep it high at 78 so it does not run much.  But I see the next bill is $300 instead of the $128 that is due right now.  I still don't see the way to make the house payment but I've not given up either.

So sending love to all,

Tim

ps thanks Jason and Nikki for keeping me in your loop, I appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment