Friday, December 2, 2011

And once again the week is over

We turn the page in the book, remembering a few happy moments, mostly involved little people visiting! a lot of pain and stress, the threat of surgery with all the concerns that go with that and then the relief when it was removed from the table.

Days of high wind with beautiful white caps on Willow Lake, leaves passing by and on to another destination, warm from the stove, chill from the air leaking around the dog door and the sadness report that Carrol's numbers are not going the right way right now, more chemo is coming.  Our very brave couple she the patient and he the caregiver with so much positive news for so long and then it creeps the wrong way.  They both need our prayers.

I've learned to type with what feels like a tennis ball in my hand, not well, not without many mistakes but I'm typing at last.  Seems everything I've seen this week has been huge, 3,600 sf or 3,800 sf and as the home increases in size the stakes for the appraisal go up as well, easy to miss something.

I'm thankful for my children this week, whether it is text messages from Jason, phone calls from Nikki as she is rushing to her next appointment, Timothy now calls and can carry on a great conversation and then Mia chatters to before she pushes the off botton, thanks Jo for helping them call and then there is the drop in visit from Steve with his whirling activity prone two dogs who love to swim in the lake, chase the ball and bark, Steve who just happens by and suddenly my dead iphone comes to life and works perfectly, Steve who helps with appraisals and writeups or today giving me a ride to get the motorhome back with its new windows, sure is quiet now.

Life is not ideal right now.  I tend to be a person who loves to talk, to listen to be close to someone, to reach out and touch living humanity but I live mostly in a world of quiet with only the TV to keep me company.  Starr is still with me, I granted her a reprieve for a couple days.

Tomorrow morning I know I get to take Kallie to church, not sure about Keanna with her busy schedule and all.

Sending love to all,

Much to enjoy, much to contemplate, much to forgive.  Dec. 4 is coming, it will be 4 years since Nan fell asleep in Jesus.  She is missed every hour, every day for a myriad of reasons.  Only God knows why....

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment