Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 1:10 in the morning and I'm home.  It was very difficult to leave behind my precious little family in Hawaii as I turned to the ticket counter to check in the big red bag.  I've had such an enjoyable time, a relaxing time, a time of peace and of knowing you belong to people and they belong to you.  I can't and don't need to explain it, we all feel it when we are with loved ones, everything is better, it seems right.

Lets face it the things we do to make a living are not usually what we would be doing if we didn't have to generate money so when we get a break, take a few days pursuing family togetherness, the joy of walking through a great farmers market and craft show, of watching green turtle and crabs in action, of strolling through a shopping area with its centerpiece a huge Koi pond and play areas for the kiddos, classy shops with reasonable prices, deals, friendly clerks, well that was today.

I so appreciate the kids letting me tag along for a few days and catch up with helping with the girls.  We swam, we played computer games, we laughed and we ate.  The place is warm, beautiful, flowers that are one size here are 10 sizes larger there and are growing naturally beside the highway.

So now its back to reality, getting onto an island using a ferry to see a place there, getting a kitchen photo in a 2 million dollar home, rethinking how badly a home is damaged by a water leak in the floor, setting up new orders and learning to live without Starr.  I know that one some practical level I did the right thing, allowing her to fall asleep free from pain and suffering but on a deeper level the loss of connection, she loved me, she was loyal to me, she has been there in my life all the time for the last 12 years or more.  Well that takes a while to recover from.  I miss her a lot.

Well since it is very late I'm heading to bed.  I am thankful to our gracious Lord for excellent flights to and from Kona on Alaska Airlines,  While no flight there is super comfortable unless you can spring for first class, still these people do it pretty well.  My seat mates over were snobs of the first order and on the way back a guy and his 11 year old son could not have been better.

Love to all,

Tim
special thanks to Ray and Lois who fed Moomoo and George, the two kitties and watched over things.
Yes I did find my meds as I was getting on to the return flight today, one more little pocket in nan's Hawaii carry on backpack, yes one little zip pocket and there my meds were waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment