Sunday, December 25, 2011

Family Celebrates Christmas Eve!

Dear Family and Friends
Yes its early, 1:10 and its been a great day.  An unusual one to be sure.  I started the day by driving the motorhome to San Carlos where a nice family desiring to head to Disneyland lived.  After sharing with them how things worked I drove their car back to Discovery Bay, then wrapped a few things and left for MBA where Jason, Jo, Timothy and Mia were celebrating Christmas eve. 

After diverting around a traffic jam on the Sunol Grade I arrive to find a beautiful meal laid out and we were all ready to eat.  Jo did a super job with the meal and we got to eat on the nice china!  Timothy ate his meal without prompting and did some serious damage to the food on his plate.  Mia was more interested in playing, she had had a long day already.

Next we opened presents and Mia got one of her first chances at ripping open the paper.  From Pappa she got a nativity set with little people, to large to swallow but so cute to play with.  Timothy scored an UNO game and a ship fully equipped with its own shark with moving mouth, a tank  and a grappling hook, it can go on water or the floor and I think he will enjoy it.

All too soon it was time to leave and I left with a wonderful zip up sweater/coat/shirt, just right for those cold appraisals, perfect fit and the right color.  Thank you very much.

Jason set me off for the road with a stiff cup of his best coffee and I'm not sleepy even now.

From MBA, basically Watsonville / Santa Cruz area I then drove to Oakland where I arrived a few minutes before the jet landed with Nikki, Steve, Kallie and Keanna.  They had a good flight and were in fine spirits but found the weather cold.  When they walked to the van they found a big red bow on the sliding door, the door that has not worked for months, yep, while they were gone I had the door repaired at the Honda dealer in Tracy.  It appears that they did a fine job as the door continues to slide open and closed now without a hitch.  That was Christmas for Nikki and Steve and I was delighted to make it happen.

Now its bed time, well actually way past bed time but my heart is so full of joy, I know Nan would have enjoyed this day very much, getting to spend time with all four precious grandchildren and their wonderful parents, now what could be better than that and all doing what they enjoy.  Love it!  Happy moments are too few and I'll just treasure this day as a winner.

Love to all,  MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment