Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Mixed Day, kiddos were great, new computer is lousy (so far)

Dear Friends and Family,
What a stressed filled day.  It is always great when the girls can come for the day.  They arrived with joy
dolls and were ready for the adventure.  They played so well together and apart.  Keanna was enjoying her ipod and kallie enjoyed her tangle doll, they munched on popcorn, had cuties, jello, pasta, water, soy milk, cookies, carots.  They filled the day with noise, laughter, games and little drawings.

Jim who is my great IT guy came with the new computer.  It is beautiful as computer boxes go, filled with goodies and huge storage capacity.  Some day it might even be enjoyable.  But today, well that is not the case.  It has Windows 7 the latest operating system and its a big pain in the neck.  As of now, this evening, hours later it does nothing I need it to do, it will not work with Outlook Express at all, that is the heart of my ability to communicate with my clients, friends, family, nothing.  One of the three printers will not work, one of the orders I needed would not print out, its just a big disaster so far.  Now of course I have clients waiting for work to be delivered and I'm stopped cold. 

I knew that getting a new computer would do this, learning a new operating system is always challenging so now I have a learning curve on top of work to get out.  We were able to move the existing computer to Nan's work area where I removed her computer to make space.  We have it working tonight so I can do writing there.  It is stripped of some of the needed things I use to write but I can get by until I learn the other one.  I could just feel the day slipping away and of course Jim has to be paid for his time so it was not the best of days.

In the middle of the afternoon Keanna went for a play afternoon with her dear friend Summer who lives across the lake.  While Kallie was supposed to sleep that did not happen.  She washed things in the sink, learned how to open the cookie container, played quietly for hours and when her mom walked in about 5:30 she said no, I'm not done yet.  How I love these girls.

So in the morning I'll climb out as early as I can and get as much work completed as i can before leaving for Hercules to do an appraisal.  The days are short so I'll skip walking tomorrow and just enjoy the chance to get back to work.

This afternoon after we moved the computers I had to move a HP1000 lazer printer.  They are known for having a very hard time getting back to working again after you disconnect them.  Jim and I worked for two hours without success in getting the printer to working.  I was really in a terrible state without a working printer for that computer.  After many tries in desperation I asked the Lord to lend a hand and the next time a message popped upon the screen with 4 steps to take to make the connection work.  I wrote them down, did them even though they seemed silly and within minutes it started to connect and print.  Wow

Well I'm signing off now, tonight I'm writing this on the laptop in the family room as the fire dies down, the kitty is sleeping next to me on the love seat and Castle is on hold while I write.  Life throws us curves and we just have to let the stress go, good idea, hard to impliment.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment