Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reconnecting

Dear Family and Friends,

This morning we walked but it seemed lighter and less cold, anyway after a few days the walk seems more manageable.  Perhaps even enjoyable?

Then I drove to Hercules where I inspected a home that I had seen several years back, it was rough then, a bank foreclosure sale.  Well it certainly has been improved and is really quite appealing, unfortunately the values have not been kind, data shows a decline in value for the entire year for this area.  Bummer.

Then I drove to Alameda, I always enjoy working at Alameda, highly diverse older homes for the most part, tree lined streets,  little stores and usually nice people.  Todays work was a driveby so they will never know I was there but it was a nice little place and the comparables sales were nearby and reasonable.  Once through with the work I ask the GPS for lunch and it served up a nearby Subway.  Upon entering I felt the temperature, about 80 and I started coughing and hardly could stop before leaving.  Lunch was great, they did the garden burger slightly differently and it was great.

Then it was  a direct drive home and I set to work.  Tomorrow the girls are coming to visit for the day, that will be exciting for sure.  Also Jim is coming with the new computer which will be exciting in another way, the thrill and challenges of learning Windows 7, just hope everything will work right as I can't afford to be down for very long, work needs to flow down the wire to clients.

This morning as I drove to Hercules I decided to give a friend I met last fall at a BBQ a call.  I sort of thought the friendship had hit a dead end but I was totally wrong.  She was very pleased to take the call and was facing some challenging stuff in her life and was glad to have someone to talk to.  We talked until I pulled up in front of the house I was to inspection.  I'm glad for the reconnection!

This evening Art came to visit.  I had a nice fire going and we chatted for awhile.  We may walk in the morning provided he makes it over at 7.  Hope he does, he is the walking champion, walks all winter in shorts!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment