Saturday, December 3, 2011

Elkhorn Slough national Estuarine Research Reserve

That's where I ended up this afternoon.  After a delightful time with the girls at Sabbath School this morning I dropped them off with their parents and headed for MBA, Jason texted me that they were heading out to a nice nature spot and I could meet them there.  Thanks to GPS which guided me I found this lovely reserve, its fed by waters from the ocean and is near Moss Landing.  After walking for a long ways on first a paved path and then gravel I reached the water's edge and found the kiddos watching birds, the tidal basin and the wide expanse of nature.  It was great fun and Mia was so expansive and happy to talk.  Timothy was exploring with his cousin whose family was also there visiting.

After sunset we ventured back to their home for soup and fun.  It tasted great and it was so fun to catch up with the kiddos and see them in action.  Mia is standing and if holding onto anything she walks but not taking steps yet.  Soon I sense.

Its been a really good day and when I got home there was even a tiny check in the mail. 

Tomorrow is a work day and I look forward to getting more caught up.  My recuperating hand is doing better but does not like to do the steering wheel or open doors or anything hard yet.  Getting firewood is always a bit of a challenge.

I hope your day was gone well and that you've had a chance to rest and recharge.

Love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Was so good to talk to you today. Talking about Nan really brings back all kinds of memories. I miss her more than I thought I could miss someone. She will always be in my heart and I can't wait to see her in Heaven and bring her up to date on all earthly matters. God is awsome and so good to us. Love you and think of all of you often. Sharon

    ReplyDelete