Monday, December 5, 2011

A chill has hit this place

Dear Family and Friends
This evening as I write I can feel the chill outside creeping in.  I've not been home long enough to fix a fire so just letting the furnace do its thing but of course it goes off at 10 and its 10:37 now so the chill is creeping in.

This morning I stumbled out of bed, let the vertical position take hold and dressed to take a walk.  By the time various nature imposed duties were completed my time was slipping away.  So the walk was to the park instead of the long 3 mile one. It was still good to do but I discovered that a bandaged hand does not stay warm without a glove on it.

My first home was an amazing 5,800+ home in Blackhawk, a really nice high end gated community created years ago by Ken Berring.  The subject was tucked back against a hill, had a pool, a new pergola with flagstone floor.  As I moved about taking photos I nearly froze. You see the coat that rides in the car has sleeves so tight that they won't fit over the bandaged hand.  Bummer so I just froze.  The wonder lady who lived there found a set of plans which I have in my possession.  Otherwise I would still be there measuring as the home had two level, many angles and is a French Country style I learned.  Heated bathroom floors, stereo in every room, two dishwashers, a built in freezer and frig all behind wood facades so you would never know they were there.  The home was a joy, the lady very kind and normal in spite a new Land Rover in the garage and obvious signs of wealth.

The next home was 1200 sf, they are being moved to Houston for Chevron and hope for a decent value.  The home was very cute, updated but a bit different from the first one of the day.

Then I found a Burger King for lunch and headed home.  Upon arriving home I discovered that at field review was due today and the property was in Richmond so back into the car and back over the same road.  Some days I need a personal assistant to keep me together.  Now I'm back and have written the review, shipped it out and am heading for bed.

It is very discouraging to have to deal with the bandage all the time, getting keys out of a pocket is a task, driving, measuring all are a challenge.
My doctor ask for blood sugars morning and an hour after eating for a three day period.  This morning it was 257, then mid afternoon it was 159 and I'm about to take it again now before I go to bed hoping for a better number.

So that's it for the day, thankful for work but still challenged to get it completed.

Love to all.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment