Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas continues

Due to going to bed rather late last night I didn't wake up too early but when I did I jumped up and put on the light jacket Jason and Jo gave me, just right to ward off the chill.  I drove to Nikki and STeves where I quietly hooked up jumper cables between the van and beetle.  The battery was so dead the car would not start.  After coaxing and running the engine of the van a little higher it finally started, but being a diesel it clattered something terrible.  So as quickly as I could I got it out of there and came back home to shower.  Then it was back for a delicious breakfast prepared by chef Steve, everything was perfect.  Then it was gifts and it was a wonderful time.  I think the girls got just what they wanted.  Of course what 8 year old girls want and what 3 year old girls want is a bit different.  Keanna is thrilled with her gifts, a sewing machine!, an ipod! and many American Girl assessories and at least one American Girl.  Kallie is sporting a new bike which she loves and was riding around the house until the home filled with wrapping paper and opened gifts.  The kids did a super job of selecting gifts, very thoughtful.

I scored with new jeans, new walking shoes and new loafers, wow that is like a year of shopping for me, I was thrilled.  The best gift this morning for me was a coffee mug with the girls picture baked on.  It is perfect.

This afternoon I rested some, visited with Ray and then waded into the files that were piled everywhere in the two offices.  Without Marilyn here to make it happen by magic I just had to do it the old fashion way, hard work but three boxes of files are moved to the garage storage that Tom and John built many years ago.  That clears up a lot of space inside, its wonderful.

Tomorrow I'm back seeing properties again and starting to write reports.  I'm very grateful to have work during this inbetween week, its highly unusual to have anything to do.  My hand is getting better but of course I've overworked it today, opening presents is such taxing work.

I've heard nothing from my motorhome rental people, that is highly unusual, by now I've ususally had several calls with questions.  I just hope they are OK and having a good time.

Good night, Merry Christmas

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment