Friday, September 21, 2012

A change of pace

Good evening,

After a less than stellar day of accomplishment I left work early, drove to town for a haircut from Amber who has got to be the nicest hair stylist around.  Nan used to go there from time to time and Amber told me today that she has been working in Brentwood for years.  She knows just what I like my hair to look like and trims the beard, the sideburns and what hair I have left on my head.  She charges very little so I have plenty of room to tip her.  Its always a treat to have her work her magic.

Once I left her shop I headed to Starbucks for a tall mocha with low fat and no sugar, then it was to the car wash just around the corner.  For $11 they make my old bug shine again.  Then it was off to Elk Grove to a wedding rehearsal for my long time friend Glen.  The wedding will be tomorrow afternoon and the setting is perfect, a huge 1 acre backyard with black bottom pool, huge lawn with plenty of room for chairs and the formal seating for the meal afterwards.  Our work today was just to walk through tomorrows service.  Glen has managed to find a wonderful lady and they seem very happy together.

So tonight its relax time, Marilyn is with friends in Sacramento and I'm just taking it easy here at home.  Tomorrow morning I'll pick up Kallie for Sabbath School and then relax in the afternoon before heading back to Elk Grove for the service.

All of this is a drastic change from the rapid paced week that I've just experienced.  God has granted me plenty of work and its been a made race to keep up.  I've not felt very good most of the time so that has caused me to drag a bit.

I'm hoping that each of you can find a chance for peace and friendship this weekend.  You deserve it, you need it to rebuild your inner being.

So I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment