Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Wedding

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm just back from Elk Grove where I conducted a wedding service for long time Friend Glen and is lovely bridge.  The evening was enchanted, the service took place right at sunset and while I had the sun directed in my eyes I could still see the printed words and everything went very smoothly.  The catered food was great and the evening could not have been more enjoyable.  Once the service was over my relaxing and enjoying time started.  As I mentioned I get very nervous about doing weddings now since its been so long since I did them on a regular basis.  Just never want to make mistakes and draw attention away from the bride and groom and the words expressed.

It certainly takes me back to a time when I was a pastor and with Nan at my side we happily conducted weddings.  But the book of life has many chapters, they open and we enjoy, then they close sometimes by choice and sometimes by events beyond our control.

This morning I had to opportunity of picking up Kallie who was ready and anxious to get going.  We joined 5 other little ones in Sabbath School and had a pretty wild time, teacher Kim wondered if it was a new or full moon.

Then we drove to Red Robin in the Streets of Brentwood Mall where we met Keanna and Nikki, Keanna's team won their soccer match today and we were all ready to eat.  The food was excellent and our waitress tried so hard to make things right.

I came home to nap in the recliner and then dressed and drove to Elk Grove for the service.

This has been a rewarding day for which I am thankful.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment