Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday night

Dear Family and Friends,

Well I'm finally home sitting in my office chair before the 19" screen.  The fan is turning slowly and the night air is drifting through as the cool of the evening takes over from the heat of the day.  In spite of the challenges of the week there are so many many things, people to be thankful for.

I've just driven here from Mimi's Cafe in Antioch where I met my friend for a relaxing dinner.  My pasta dish was perfect as were the deep fried zucchini pieces.  Even the water with lemon was perfect.  She is such a great conversationalist having been in the teaching profession for all her adult life.  Tonight I learned new things about her young years, like the fact that she was at Altamont way back when and lived in Berkeley during the interesting years.

This morning was a park morning with the dog, then back to try to make sense out of a very confusing array of assignments, I cancelled one order when data was not available that I needed, I responded to many other emails from clients and tried to complete an appraisal for a property in Brentwood, one that I inspected last evening.  All to soon the clock said it was time to leave for Fairfield so we loaded up and headed out.  We encountered every slow obstacle one could dream of on the way, slow traffic, bridges blocked, police action but we finally found the home in Green Valley, what a find.  The home had a garage that was filled with boxes and I smelled appraiser.  Sure enough the owner and his son were both in the house at their desks writing appraisals, both are commercial appraisers and both had the same complaints as I do, much lower fees than in the past.  The owner was very helpful and pointed out positive features about their home.  The setting was amazing.  Looking out across the rear yard one looks directly into the golf course and then at the other end of the course is a set of mountains and hills. A truly beautiful setting.  The home while older was in great condition with updating and solid as a rock.

I had decided that while I was in Fairfield I would look up Camping World to check out getting a cover for the motorhome to keep it clean and to protect from the weather.  Once we found the location we found that Camping World was no more, empty building and all.  Bummer.

At this point I'm not sure if I get the girls for SS tomorrow or not, hope so but it may be a soccer game for Keanna.  I'll find out soon.

Sending love to all and special thanks to those angels who watch over the little black beetle as it makes its way hundreds of miles.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment