Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Something new

I'm writing to you tonight on a new monitor, I've moved from a 19" that Steve has graciously loaned me once mine died some months ago to a new Samsung, made in Mexico with a cable made in China that seems huge.  I can remember when my main TV for the house was not 27" and here I have one on my desk.  At least these middle aged eyes can see what is being written very clearly, oh so clearly, well will this make what I say more profound?  Probably not.

I stumbled out of bed this morning literally at 6 am into total darkness knowing full well I needed to take the dog for a walk but everything inside me rebelled, most of the voices were saying go back to bed, you need rest!

I stayed up and came down to work instead of walking, Pooka was so disappointed.  When we came down we had some excitement, last night we left the kitty door open so the poor little cats would not freeze outside.  Marilyn is so sure they are going to cry by her door that she won't let them stay in at night, poor little dears!  Well our friends the racoons found the open door but once they were in there was no food available for them, what a mess they made in trying to get at the food, water everywhere and little foot prints.  So tonight the doors are shut tight.

I had a driveby appraisal to do over in Rio Vista so after finishing up a report we hit the road for Rio Vista and made it back to Brentwood with time to spare to finally get the beetle its smog certificate.  I've only been driving with no tags since June!  In just a few minutes time my favorite smog guy cleared it and only charged me $28.  I was thrilled with progress.

Then it was time to drive to the school and pick up Keanna.  She was a very happy girl, she had been informed that she has been granted entry into the GATE program and so are her close friends.  I know she is bright and I'm thinking that others are discovering that as well.  She has a new confidence about her, she can swim like a fish, she can do gymnastics that are unbelieveable to behold, she reads grade levels above her grade, she is learning to act for the Nutcracker this winter, just really enjoyable to see her explode into her world.  Got to hand it to her parents, they do a whole lot of running around to help this all happen.  I'm proud of them.

Well I'm enjoying the new monitor, certainly makes it easier to write and I hope to do my work, the screen is so large that I can keep several programs open at the same time, wow! That will help.

Well for now its bedtime once again, 

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment