Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nice day

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a beautiful late summer day and tonight is a full moon, no nice.

Kallie entertained me all the way to Sabbath School this morning with her stories, songs and music from my iphone.  After Sabbath School we hurried to buy apples and chocolate milk and then drove straight to Soccer where Keanna's team won easily.  It so fun to see her scrambling around on the field scrapping, kicking and doing her thing in her own way with her own style.

Afterwards we went to Taco Bell as time was short to get over to Keanna's rehearsal for the Nutcracker.  Since my tomatoes needing picking I brought Kallie home with me and she picked 15 tomatoes off my three vines, then she watered them with our hose on the back deck, finally she set to work to wash the tomatoes which always is quite a process for her.  She are washed and  ready to eat.

Then we put the new paddle boat in the water and enjoyed a cruise around the lake, Kallie actually found a way to sit on the side of the seat and paddle, she also is learning to steer.  I think we both picked up a bit of sun from our time out on the water.

She and tackled a task, first she found a board that one write on and then erase.  She wrote down things we needed to do, like the lawn and the new TV for the bedroom, then she ventured out into writing letters to show me she knew how.  She knows her letters and is starting to be able to write them.  It was a fun exercise.

I turned the AC on in the bedroom and later when it was cool we carried the new 32 inch LG flat screen up the stairs.  First I had to figure out how to remove the old one and since Tom Miller was so kind years ago to install the TV I had purchased for Nan many years ago I did not have any experience installing or removing the TV it held.  So I climbed up on the step ladder and just looked at it, in a couple minutes I understood how simple the process would be so unplugged the TV, unhooked the cables and wires and lifted it off the wall, placed it face down on the soft bed, the removed the two mounting brackets that bold to the back of the TV, moved around the bed and mounded them on the back of the new TV and Kallie was handing me things I needed and learning what a screw driver, bolts etc was.

Then I lifted the new TV and simply placed it on the rack on the wall, clicked in the keepers, plugged it in and it works perfectly.  Then she and sat back and watched animal planet, a program about camels.

Eventually her mom called and I took her home but it was a magic day getting to spend some quality time with Kallie.

And with that I'm going to bed, late once again.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment