Monday, September 10, 2012

Working hard

Dear Family and Friends.
Its been a challenge to stay working when at times I so much want to do something, anything else.  I'm looking forward to the spa working soon, I hope Ray has the magic to make it happen.

This morning I showered in the dark, the days are already getting shorter and at 6 its dark here.  Once the hot shower water hit me I started to wake up.  Once that was over it was sort of a mad race to get research done, to complete a report that was nearly finished and then to get to a 8:30 appointment in Brentwood. 

The home is owned by a former appraiser and his wife.  He tired of the trash we have to put up with as appraisers so started buying homes and fixing them up for resale.  He has done well with it and working with his beautiful wife they have moved 20 times in the last couple years as they fix and sell, fix and sell.  This one they plan to keep, that is unless someone begs them for the finished product.  Once I was completed with that one I headed back home, didn't even stop at Starbucks and just made it to the next appointment, the sale of a deep water home in Discovery Bay.  It was at that home that I made my exciting new purchase.  A second paddle boat for a very low price.  I drove right to the bank, got the cash and its paid for, now I just need to find a way to get it home.  So next year at campout I can bring two paddle boats for everyone to enjoy, fun fun.  I was also thinking I have these precious little kiddos that are growing up, what could be more fun than to have two paddle boats to play with.  I think I'll add a little trolling motor to this one so I can take little lake trips without having to paddle the whole way, let a battery help me along.

Marilyn went with me for the afternoon where I inspected a nice little house in Hayward, nice until they decided to add a second story that is not in public records!  Surprise!  Then we drove to Oakland Piedmont district for a driveby appraisal, then to Fremont to see a new third story condo that is 1,453sf and selling for $622,000.  Wow its nice but really, that much??

We stopped at Red Robin on the way home and I had a great gardenburger with side salad, it was perfect and we did not fall for the french fries.  Right now I'm choosing not to snack this evening rather I'm going to go to bed without food on board, just to see if I sleep better and start to dump some of this horrible weight.

Thats it from here, love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment