Thursday, September 27, 2012

Visiting the city by the bay

Dear Family and Friends

So I'm finally home and very glad to be out of the car.  Marilyn was kind enough to load up the ipod with 6 new books and the one I'm listening to is very interesting, that always helps the miles go by.

This morning it was a 6 am call and down to the desk to work. Eventually I was able to ship out one that has been a challenge, such a great new house with a view of three bridges, Alcatraz, the city, the bay, wow.  Then I faced one that has been with me for a very long time and just before I left for San Francisco I was able to ship it in, felt good to get it off the board.

I left a little later than I should have and arrived about 30 minutes late for the South San Francisco property.  Typical for the area it has a lower level that is rented but the bedrooms have no closets and it is questionable to me whether the living area is legal, I think not.

The upper level is nice and updated, the setting is decent and the comparables are all located very near so it should work out OK.  Once I was finally finished shooting the comps I asked the GPS for the nearest Olive Garden, imagine my surprise when it said there was one only 3 miles away.  Well that 3 miles was through very busy traffic, confusing intersections and I was glad to finally up up in front of the boarded up Olive Garden, I was disappointed until I noticed that in spite of the framework around the building it was open for business.  I had a great dinner at the bar, good service and left very happy.

Then there was the matter of finding my way home through stop and go traffic all through the elevated highway leading through the city to the bay bridge, once on the bridge traffic started to move and the rest of the trip went well. I had a chance to talk to Pam, my brother Jerry and Nikki so the trip was quick and easy.

So having said all of this I'm going to bed now.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment