Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday evening

Good evening,

Since I got caught up in a movie on Net Flicks last night I ended up going to bed very late or early depending on how one looks at it.  So today I let myself sleep in, drifted out of bed and had a rather casual day.

The day was beautiful, the lake shimmered with little wind and it never really got hot, house only went up to 81 and with Marilyn gone there was no reason to run AC.  I have a tiny unit in my office which keeps the computers and the operators happy!

I decided to do a bit of clean up, so out came the vacuum and the office floor lost some dog hair from Pooka, the window lost some cobwebs, the AC got its filter cleaned.  Then I settled in to write a tough one, the Oakland big one and I'm glad to say tonight, its submitted.

My next task was to prepare for tomorrow, it will be a day!
9 am in Brentwood, then to do a followup visit if I can find the owners, then off to Milpitas for one and then to Berkeley for a follow up, then on to El Cerrito to shoot comps for one that turned out to be double it original size, then to Dublin to see two at a tract office.  It should keep me busy and I look forward to it.

This afternoon Steve came by with his truck and helped me pick up a beautiful dryer that a local friend shared after she purchased a new set, washer and dryer.  It is much newer than mine and I'm thrilled.  Late today I decided to install it by myself.  I have a dolly and was able to disconnect the old one, I use gas dryers here so the line had to be disconnected.  With that done I wrestled the old dryer out the door, down the steps and into the garage.  Then I brought the newer one in but it would not fit through the door, turns out it is larger, deeper so I had to regroup and grab it from the back.  It just fit through the door but when I attempted to hook up the gas line I discovered it was a larger size fitting and line so I'll have to purchase a new valve tomorrow with with the right sized fitting.  It bummed me out, I like to finish projects when I start them, not good!

So I cleaned up and ask Ray for advice on what I needed to get.  He does this stuff all the time and knew what to look for.  So tonight I have the gas off, no water heater, no furnace, I'll get by fine as the water heater will hold hot water for a couple days.

Now its almost bed time and I'm so ready.

I hope your weekend has been good for you, how I long for you to have happiness and meaning in life.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment