Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to work

Well I've just come in from sitting in the spa, we are still experimenting with the settings to find just the right temperature.  Ray came over tonight and chatted while Marilyn was reading a book on her nook until the light gave out.

I enjoyed the warm water and the relaxation it afforded.  Now I'm in to write this brief epistle and then crash for the night.

This morning I rolled out at 6:20 and came down to work.  After a breakfast of Wheaties and soy milk I started doing research for the day.  I had a refi in Hercules, a refi of a quadruplex in San Pablo and a little house in Richmond.  Amazingly the owner of the house in Richmond left a loose key on the top of the gas meter for me so that one was easy.  But try as I might I could not locate the access to the attic in the home, still not sure how to get up there.

Then it was time to see the quadruplex.  I always cringe when doing one of these as they are complicated and getting inside each unit is usually a hassle.  But today was different.  A young man was sweeping the concrete and when I handed him my card he said he was my contact.  Every unit opened to his knock and I was shown through, it was good he was there as spoke no Spanish and most spoke no English.  The units were clean as a pin and well cared for.  Before I knew it was done and back in my car.  Wow what a blessing.

Then it was time to see the Hercules home.  I arrived early so shot the comparables first.  Once I started measuring I discovered that I had seen the house before when they purchased it.  I enjoyed my visit with the owner, a really terrific lady and her two grown up children.  Her son was about 25 and in the conversation it came out that he attended PUC some time ago.  He said he could not stay as he could not take the food, no meat and that he gained too much weight while he was there.  How interesting to discover someone who attended the same college I attended so many years ago.

Then I headed home but the traffic was thin and soon I was here.  Then Marilyn and I went to the deal night at our pizza parlor and I had a huge salad and a couple pieces of pizza.

All in all not a bad day back after the strange day yesterday.  I'm back on the rat poison that thins my blood, warfarin or whatever they call it.

This morning I had a very nice conversation with a diabetes expert who called from Kaiser.  She instructed me to increase the amount of long acting cloudy insulin 2 units every two days until I reach a point where my wake up blood sugar is 130 or less.  Now I know what to do and next Monday she will instruct me in how to use the pen.  Basically I will use 1 unit of fast acting insulin for each 15 grams of carbs I will be eating at a meal.  Finally a tool to deal with reality.  And the most important point she made was this, if I start the day too high then I'm likely to be too high all day, makes perfect sense.

Sending love to all,  enjoying the cool weather, July and 80 degrees is fine in my book.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment