Saturday, July 20, 2013

Church was great

Reporting on a really terrific Sabbath day.

I started the day off by climbing in the spa at around 8 this morning.  It was 84 degrees and on the cold side but the heater was working and in a few minutes it was 96 and very comfortable.  I was sipping some decaf as I enjoyed the morning breezes and the warm rippling waters.

After showering away the chlorine I dressed in clothes for church as I was determined to be in church.  Then Lois texted to see if I wanted to join her at McDonalds for breakfast which I did.

As I was driving to church and Tracy Lois texted me she did not feel well and could I drive her home.  I called Marilyn who was at home and she picked Lois up.  She has been fighting a very stiff neck and had lots of pain.  Later we got her suv back home for her.  Ray is home tonight so that should help her feel better.

We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden and enjoyed a surprise guest who joined us, what an enjoyable time with great friends and great food.

Late this afternoon we ventured out to pick up some needed things for tomorrow's fast, nothing but liquid for the whole day, bummer.  We got everything they suggested for the day to drink and at 4 pm I get to start on the really good stuff, the stuff in the big jug that keeps you pretty near the bathroom.  Anything for a good time I guess.

This evening I received a troubling email from Barbie Lammerding.  Gerry is in the hospital and is not feeling very well.  I know they both would appreciate our prayers as Gerry is facing special challenges ahead.  They are very precious to me and have been for many years.  Great friends are for ever and they are the greatest one could hope for.

Sending love to all tonight.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment