Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fresh from the spa

Greetings from Willow Lake

The spa is really cranking, I went out to check the temp.  It was 90 just sitting there with the lid closed so I turned on the heater, no good until I turned the heater value to full and then it lit and stayed lit, the next time I went out it was 100.  Well on a night when the ambient air is 70 a spa with 100 degree water is just too much so I only lasted a few minutes and that was with the air blower blowing lots of bubbles which tend to cool the water a bit.  Any way I'm back in and got to enjoy it.

When I woke this morning at 6 I prayed and then headed directly downstairs to work on putting in the new faucet in the kitchen.  I had taken the last one back and they credited the money to my card.  Then I proceeded to buy a much better one with a tall faucet that would allow for the filling of buckets and pots.  It was made out of steel instead of plastic and it works so much better.  It took me some time to get it fully installed and of course I'm sore from stretching and reaching but its in and works perfectly, I'm so pleased with it.

Then since I was on a roll I ventured out front and hooked the box trailer to the civic and backed it deep into the RV parking place beside the garage.  Then I opened it and unloaded my 10 pressure treated 2 x 6s onto the concrete.  Then I pulled the trailer out to the street and backed the motorhome into its place beside the garage.  Let me tell you there is no time when backing the coach that I dare to look away, it is inches on all sides and one wrong twist of the wheel and the motorhome roof is scraping the tiles on the house roof, or the fence on the other side or the mirror as it passes through the gate.  Anyway it is once again put away in its place, the coach battery is turned off, the front window is shaded.  It was then time to back the trailer into its place just in front of the gate and then park both cars in the driveway while I rearranged boxes for Jessy.  After she finishes her work on a file it needs to be stored in the garage for the next five years.  She had boxes ready but no place to put them.  Her pleas finally were heard and now she has spaces for the boxes she so carefully prepares.

Jessy came today and cranked out a bunch of work, prepared a deposit for the bank and went to Brentwood to take comp photos I did not take last evening.  What a find she is, so capable and so easy to work with.

Well I'm cooling down from my time in the spa now and getting ready for bed.

The bug has a new injection pump on its way for $800.  When it arrives I'll have it installed and then I won't smell diesel all the time.  The injector pump still works perfectly but its allowing diesel to run down the side of the case so is on its way to fail.  Its sort of the heart of a diesel engine and with nearly 300,000 miles on it I can't complain at all.  In fact I'm very thankful.

This evening found Marilyn and I in Tracy where I purchased a new work camera from Best Buy. The package came with an extra battery and its a good name, Canon so I think I'll get lots of photos out of it before it fails.  I'll put the old one in for cleaning so I'll have a back up as well as a new regular camera.  Cameras are pretty much gone now, everyone takes their photos with the phones, how quickly things change and move on.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment