Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom American Style

Another 4th, my favorite was when Jason and Jo brought great enjoyment to our lives and to theirs as they said their vows in their yard at MBA.  Nan was thrilled to be able to be there and we both enjoyed the day so much.  One of the best days in my life, seeing ones children grow up, fall in love and then marry, its great stuff and I loved every moment of it.

I rolled out late today as I went to bed late last night, wanted to finish one that was promised and so I kept at it until it went out.

I planned to use as much of today as possible for my continuing education for my license renewal which is up on August 10.  So I rummaged around in the computer until I found the Allied School, I had already paid for the classes a couple months ago.  Finally I found the user name and the password and I was in.  Then it was a matter of just working through the lessons, taking the test at the end of each segment, take it until you pass it, then move on.  Of course they have this clock thing that makes sure you are involved in the class work for as many hours as you are getting for taking the course.  Three hours for the first one and fourteen hours for the second one.  I'm done with the first but only 1/2 way through the second course.  But should finish sometime in the morning, yea!

While fireworks are not permitted in Discovery Bay many fine people did not get the memo and Pooka is very frightened by the booms so she is staying very near to me in my office, she is shaking, poor dear.  From experience I know it will go on for the next few hours but with the windows closed and the AC on I'll sleep just fine tonight.

This morning George called, I missed his call but returned the call and it was good news.  Dr. George and Yvonne have a house at Tahoe which they enjoy very much.  One negative factor was, no cell service available.  So when they heard about the system I installed they drove out and we talked about it.  On Wednesday they drove up to the Tahoe house and installed the system and when they got up this morning they had 5 bars of signal on the property.  I'm thrilled for them, I was glad to get the news.

Well all day I've thought it was Sunday, even started out to put the garbage on the street but no tomorrow is Friday.

Its still hot here, I mean really hot and I'm thankful for the AC today.

Sending love to all, enjoy what is left of the 4th.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment