Sunday, July 14, 2013

Very productive sunday

How was your sunday?  Mine was pretty busy.

This morning I first drove to Pleasanton to a certain Starbucks, waited about 25 minutes and was handed my wallet and phone, it was so nice to see them again and to find everything still there.  I celebrated by having a blue berry muffin and a skinny mocha.  On the way home I filled the bug so its ready for the week.

Once I was home I worked with Ray to installed a new jet in the spa which involved taking all of the old silicone out and getting the parts positioned just right and installing the new one, turned out to be complicated but Ray figured out how to make it work and its reinstalled.

Then I asked Ray to take a look at the new faucet I installed about 3 months ago.  I got under and loosened it but the o ring would not seat correctly.  Finally we pulled the whole thing out and took it back to Home Depot.

We took the motorhome and trailer and got stuck when a terrible accident closed the Brentwood Bypass, we had to turn around with the 29 foot motorhome and 18 foot trailer but managed it OK, wasted an hour in traffic but eventually got to In & Out Burger for dinner, then to Home Depot where they searched with my credit card and found out  when I purchased the faucet, refunded the money so I could buy a better one that was built better.  Then running out of time we hurried to the lumber and purchased 10 2 x 6 treated boards that were 12 feet long.  They fit in the trailer perfectly and right now the motorhome and trailer are sitting in front of the house on the street.  I'm too tired to unload, the same with the faucet.  too tired to install and of course this one is much more complicated to install but appears to be much better made.

Right now I'm looking to a shower and bed.  Marilyn and Ray have been big helps today in the projects.  It feels good to get things done, soon the spa will be working and I can enjoy sitting and relaxing at the end of the day.  Its not worked right for a couple years so this will be thrilling.  Steve reports that the service people found a bad part in the boat electronics and they are trying to fix that.

It was nice to drive the motorhome today, to once again be in the drivers seat and just use something that costs so much every month and is rarely used.

Good night to all,

Sending love,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment