Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Diverse day, 200 miles driven, lunch with Art, dinner with Patty

Good evening

It started this morning around 6 and soon I was walking with Pooka around the lake.  We made our 3 miles without incident and I set to work.  Of course I took time for the steel cut oats which I enjoyed sitting on the back deck on a perfect morning.  I did some fixing of reports and took care of ordering some supplies needed for the boat, two paddles, two throw floating cushions which are required in a boat when you are out on the water, something you can toss to someone who might be in trouble on the water.  How easy it is to just buy things on the internet.

Then it was time for research for the properties I was about to see and finally it was time to leave for Morgan Hill.  I ended up having lunch with Art first at a place we both enjoy in Gilroy near his home.  What fun to just laugh and trade barbs as we munched down great food.

Then it was back to the K&B new home project in Morgan Hill, of course the promised open office was locked solid but with the information they had emailed me I was able to locate the property, measure it and shoot the comps.

I left late from Morgan Hill and had awful traffic over the Sunol Grade, one of the worst traffic spots in the nation.  Then I did a driveby appraisal for a property in Livermore and finally pulled in about 7.

My dear neighbor Patty, a person I admire a great deal had mentioned our going to dinner tonight and it worked out.  We went to Tracy where we dined at the Mongolian Beef place.  What fun and what great food.  You pick what you want and pack your bowl with big noodles, tomatoes, greens, tofu, then put on the sauces you want and hand it over. Two guys working on a huge and hot cooking surface walk around the circle with big sticks and they keep turning your food until its cooked, then they swipe it into your bowl and you are set to eat.  It was incredible.  Patty is the person who has raised 5 grandchildren on her own and then welcomed 2 great grandchildren when the twins had little ones.  Recently she has been fighting cancer but over the last few months there are no signs of cancer and she is enjoying life again.  We always enjoy chatting about our lives, she lost her beloved Chuck about a year before I lost Nan so we have much to discuss.

Now I'm home and need to finish a report tonight before I turn in.

Marilyn arrives tomorrow evening at 7:10 in Oakland.  I'll go late afternoon to see a house in Oakland and time it so I can be there to pick her up.

Well that is the report for today, life is good, God is good.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment