Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mellow day, resting up

Good evening,

Lunch was so extremely nice today.  I had the privilege of dining with Bob and Nikki.  It was great to see Nikki for once without kiddos, and we knew kiddos were having a blast with their daddy in southern California.

It was nice to catch up with Bob again and share some special memories and moments with him.  Nikki knows and appreciates all that Bob and Carrol did for Nan over the years and really enjoyed her time there with him as well.

The food just seemed especially good today, I had the senior citizen portion of whole wheat pasta with the special cheese and mushrooms, salad and a diet coke.

I've done some resting up and running a few errands today, this evening as darkness fell I went out and cut a few branches off the tree since I could hardly see the lake for the new growth, no more, its on the ground now.

This morning I just faced myself in the mirror and decided I needed to exercise so I took pooka with me and walked around the lake, its about three miles and all day my body has been doing a bit of complaining but I'm very glad I did it.  I'll try to do it again in the morning at 6 when I plan to rise.  Pooka was really dragging by the time we got back, I had failed to take any water for her and she was hot and thirty when we returned.

It is so nice to have the weather top out at 90 instead of 110.  This weather is livable and enjoyable too.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment