Sunday, July 21, 2013

Preparing for the big event!

So the last time I had a bite to eat was last night at midnight, not that I was eating then but from midnight on no food and oh how I miss it.

Today I've been fasting other than white grape juice and a jello.  I've done two appraisals this afternoon, one in Rio Vista and one near Bethel Island, made a trip to Costco and managed to miss the lab hours at the hospital so I've got to race there in the morning to get a blood draw so they will know how thin it is before doing the colonoscopy at 1 pm.

I'm hungry and for the last couple hours have been drinking the special roto rooter stuff which has not yet worked but it soon will as I have over a liter and a 1/2 already in my gut.  While I've been drinking I've been writing a relocation appraisal so tucked away $500 for my trouble, that helps.  While I'd like to hit the spa I'm a little concerned as it is a long ways from the bathroom and for those of you old enough to have experienced the pleasures of preparing for the event you know how much reading you can get done in the bathroom during this time.

I'm so very thankful to be having this procedure done.  Since they took out my appendix and found the tumor I've had a lingering concern about what might be growing slowly inside.  This will go a long ways to answering that question.

I've just spoken to Nikki and Steve and they are on their way home from seeing the Giants play today.  They have been there a long time as they got there early to get the stuff for the girls that was given away today.  Then traffic has been awful for them but they sound happy, had dinner at the Spaghetti Factory in Concord and are enjoying a day as a family.

Now on the other hand Jason is wrestling with a huge paper that he is turning in tomorrow.  It is so serious that it has to be bound by Kinkos and I think he is just about completed with it.  Jo is back from a week in Vegas taking classes for continuing education for her teaching career and Clayton is helping with baby sitting.

Well I'm going to wrap this up. By the time I write again tomorrow evening I'll have some news about what they find, at least some news and I'll be able to eat again, oh I'm looking forward to that for sure.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment