Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another perfect summer day, can they last?

When its the end of July and the night has cooled down 67 outside and the breezes are blowing through the office like a gale its pretty amazing.

This morning I worked for a bit then hit the road for Suisun City, where is that you say, well one takes the Brentwood Bypass to Oakley, crosses the Antioch bridge, toll $5.00!!, drives through little Rio Vista on Highway 12 and ends up at Fairfield on one side of the road and Suisun City on the other site.  This is a very old town with a small quaint downtown district, lots of very old and mediocre homes and open water, not sure where it comes from but its visible in the downtown district.

My subject was a two story duplex unit that had seen better days, not bad mind you but a little tired here and there.  When I climbed out of the bug I found stiff winds and in the distance I could see the marine layer of fog receding over the mountains in the distance.  I measured it quickly and then inspected the interior of the units.  While I was up on the ladder peeking into the attic I somehow scratched my arm and the Coumadin thinned blood began to drip out, it would not stop and I ended up with blood on the wall and continued seeping until I got back to the car.  I did get the blood off the wall but a layer of paint seemed to come off as well.  Lovely.

Once I had the comps shot I found an IHOP and enjoyed a delicious senior omelet with spinach, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes.  Wow it was great and just right.

On the way home passing through Brentwood I stopped to see the man who just installed the new injector pump in the bug.  The noise now coming from under the hood is way too loud.  Not sure why and Freddie did not solve it today but its a very loud car now, plenty of power but something is not right, I'm praying that somehow we can get the $1,300 repair completed in a quiet car once again.  Right now its LOUD.

This afternoon I've set up orders and finally this evening settled down to complete some reports.  I'm thankful to have some work and Steve and I will see one together in the morning on the golf course right after he drops his girls off.  I'll be at his house earlier when I pick up the boat and deliver it to a repair place known as Borden Junction, sure look forward to being on the water again if I can afford to buy gas after all these repair bills.

So its been a good productive day and this evening Marilyn created a stir fry and served it along with brown rice and cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes.  What a feast we had.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment