Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Keeping up the pressure

Good evening
Well I've just completed a report for a purchase here in Brentwood, really nice home in a quiet area with 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms and everything one could want in a home.  Just to be sure I included 7 comparables so now I'm tired and ready to rest.

Climbed out this morning into a beautiful cool surroundings.  I listened to the news about Egypt and felt for the millions in the streets, thank goodness they are pushing back and keeping their country from going extreme like it was headed.  Lets just hope and pray that they can find a path that keeps them in this century instead of the dark ages.

I worked in for a bit and nearly finished one before I had to leave for Antioch and then Richmond.  I've got to say I was not prepared for the Richmond appraisal.  As I was approaching the property I got a call from a young lady saying she had left the house but forgot the key so would need to go back.  I said no problem, measured the exterior and then shot the comps and went to Taco Bell for the bathroom.  While there she called to say she was at the house, on a whim I got her a soda and when I pulled up I handed it to her.  She was this amazingly beautiful girl who looked 15 but was in fact 30.  She had purchased the home with cash a few days ago, then updated it with cash and was not going for a refi.  As she explained what she had done, showed me all the apps on her phone that guided her to a loan, workmen, materials I was just amazed.  She was so calm, dressed in a nice black dress and just seemed to enjoy life a lot.  I helped her with watering the front lawn, new sod and in the heat we've had lately it was not doing well.

As she left she asked if we could meet for coffee soon and this evening she has followed up with text messages reminding me of the coffee and thanking me for being nice.  She was like a breath of fresh air and totally unexpected in that area.  So it makes work fun when you meet someone special like she was.

From the time I arrived home I have just been cranking out work, it feels good and the house is cool and the office very comfortable which all helps.

Good night one and all, oh yes there was something nice that took place between appraisals.  Recently George and Yvonne had visited on a Sabbath afternoon, the day we were preparing to have the family stay in the park.  We got a chance to talk and in the conversation they mentioned that the keyboard they had for their mini ipad was too heavy and I mentioned that I was ready to buy one.  Well Yvonne gave her keyboard to me, I was overwhelmed and thrilled.  Later as I started to type I kept making mistakes, eventually I discovered the b and n were not working on the keyboard.  Yvonne faxed me the receipt and today I stopped by the local AT&T store, I find them so helpful.  In less than 10 minutes they traded the keyboard for a new one on the spot.  Imagine how nice that was.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment