Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good evening

I'm glad to be home after a delightful day.

First off I inspected a quadruplex this morning in Antioch.  A very nice young woman met me and had keys to all the 4 units.  All went well until we arrived at the last unit.  All of the tenants had been mailed a letter plus called on the phone informing them that we would be coming. 

At the last door we knocked, then louder knocking and finally the agent used her key and opened the door, she stepped in and in a second she came back with a shocked look on her face, she mouthed the words, someone is in the bed sleeping.  So I started loudly announcing, Appraiser over and over again each time raising the volume until I was pretty loud.  Finally the lady stirred and emerged from the bedroom wrapping a robe around herself as she walked in the living room.  Turns out she had only gone to bed at 7 this morning after working a night shift doing something.  We quickly did the inspection, I snapped the photos I needed and we did a hasty retreat.  Quite shocking since in this day and age and in the neighborhood we were in it would not have been surprising to face a gun.

With that exciting experience behind me I drove home to work in the office.  My next challenge was to discover if in fact I had medicare approved or not so after a bit of fighting the system and giving up on calling, it was a 26 minute wait!  Finally I arrived at a page that said I was signed up for medicare part A and part B.  With the information printed out I called the number for Kaiser and was moved to a person who took a phone application for Kaiser Senior Advantage which includes part D as well.  So I think I am signed up for Medicare, for Kaiser and I called the broker, the one I paid $976 a month to and cancelled.  How nice to not have to pay so much money.  Its a blessing.  I also heard from Social Security and it looks like I'm set for $2,148 a month in a year when I sign up at 66.  That will be nice as well.

At 3:50 I picked up Kallie from her school, I found her with a little girl and Kallie was cutting out something from a page for the little girl and Kallie would not leave until she had finished helping the little one, I thought it was sweet.  Then we drove to Nikki and STeve's where I dropped Kallie off so she could go to swim meet.

Then I drove to Dublin and met Jason for dinner and a movie.  We had a great time, his family is enjoying Redwood Campmeeting this week with family and friends.  Jason is approaching the mid point in his law school process and is facing some huge tests soon so this week is dedicated to preparing for the tests to come. 

Now I'm home and very ready to hit the sheets.

Sending love to all and special thoughts to my dear friends Gerry and Barbie. 

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment