Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Climbing above disappointment

If there was ever a day which started in a challenging way this was it.  A personal thing just went off the tracks and it was hard to sleep very well but this morning when the clock hit 7 I jumped up, talked to the Lord about everything and then went for the 3 mile walk.  It was cold but the walk helped a lot, just the fresh air and greeting my friends who also walk is good.  Of course Pooka had to take a dump along the way so I was left carrying this little blue sack, well I happened by someone's garbage can that was out on the street and in it went.

Home was shower, shave since I no longer have a beard, breakfast of Oatmeal, toast and orange and then to work.  My dear friend Art called and I really appreciate getting the chance to talk things over with him, he is a very wise friend.  Then it was time to leave for Suisun City, a town that is next to Fairfield over on Highway 80.  Its a beautiful drive and I arrived on time to join two inspectors, the realtors, the buyers and the neighbors.  We managed to not step on each other and soon I was on the road again heading to Pittsburg to do a refi appraisal.  That one went well and all the comps were model matches and located nearby.  I found a bite to eat at a Taco Bell, I've not eaten there is awhile but just had a bean burrito and O calorie drink.

Then it was home to a mailbox filled but which contained no checks.  Its been days since I saw money and I'm getting pretty desperate, not a good feeling.

One very good thing happened today.  I was able to list the motorhome for rental again.  The people that run the web site are so helpful, just great and I worked on getting them the right information so they could list it property.  They did a super job.  Want to check it out?  Here is the address: privatemotorhomerental.com and look at northern California units, class A and it shows right up.  Its the Stratus 29 foot one.  It is my prayer that God will lead good renters to me, I could use the help with the monthly payment and I'd like to see it used anyway rather than just sit here.  That is such a blessing to get it listed, I've thought of it for months but now that I feel so much more alive and even in spite of emotional upset its listed and ready for someone to enjoy for just $960 a week plus $150 for house keeping kit.  I remember Sylvia helped me get it ready before, she found all the things that were needed and most are still there.

I'm very determined to get my financial house in order even more than I've done so far since losing Nan.  One huge credit card that we used for travel and lodging when we were in Boston and other medical places is now 3/4 paid off and that feels so good.

My weight has stayed at 208 for a couple days but I'm not too bummed out over that.  At least it is not going up.  Right now I'm really hungry as I've had no food since the burrito and they don't last forever.

This evening I've been writing reports and I'll do more of the same tomorrow and then pick up the kiddos at 1:15 as tomorrow is my day to help with them.  It will be good to see them for awhile.

Well from my house to yours I send love and greetings,  God has granted me another safe day on the road for which I am always grateful, I see many things while I'm out there, people driving foolishly, car crashes, people weaving all over the road racing to beat everyone else, women doing their hair, nails, lipstick and with a phone stuck to their ear, amazing really.  And I just hang back doing my best to be safe and careful.  I love my little green bug, getting between 42 and 46 mpg I pay about a dime for each mile I drive for fuel.  Its a tiny miracle and I appreciate it very much.

So have a good evening and I would appreciate your prayers that God will lead in things in my life.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment