Friday, February 14, 2014

Finally the week grinds to a halt.

Good evening

Well its been a good day, morning routine went off fine, weight stayed the same at 202 and I feel great.  Worked in this morning, wrote one before I left for the walk so I was very very hungry by the time I finally sat down to breakfast.  What a new experience to be so hungry that things actually hurt.

I credit my friend for inspiring me with just a few words here and there, they are like orders, not that she gives orders but her questions, comments really strike home and I pay attention.  So here I am doing much better at work, making appointments as soon as orders hit my desk, getting things written up quickly, having total control at inspections, not puffing and huffing when I carry my ladder around, not dreading stairs anymore, not falling asleep while driving.  I feel like I've lost a bunch of years off my life and I love every minute of life now.

Recently I've had a chance to see the movie, The Monument's Men.  What a tremendous story!  No bad language in the movie, just a true story being told about this small group of men that were asked, called from their jobs as art instructors or as experts in the art world and being thrust into war time Germany to search for the stolen art by the Nazi's.  Its a compelling story, well worth the price of the movie and if you are old like me its cheaper!!

This noon I inspected a home to help a lady who is struggling to keep her home, she was a hoot, head full of curly hair, about 56 years old and so committed to her Lord.  What an inspiration she was and she had cash for me so I cut her a deal, lowered my price quite a bit.  It felt good to be able to help her and she felt finding me was an answer to prayer, well I've not heard that very often.  yet it is my prayer every morning that I can be of some good to someone.

Tomorrow I'm planning to take the girls to Sabbath School and my long time friend Art is in town so we may go to SS together and then catch some lunch.  It will be fun to have the girls and my friend Art as well.

For now its bed time

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment