Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday night and all is well

Dear Family and Friends,

I finally back down to my office.  I've been selecting clothes to give to a charity.  I need to clear space in the walk in closet and I found things of mine that I've not worn or wanted to wear in years.  So now they are in a huge garbage sack at the head of the stairs.  Going through the big closet was interesting, found many blankets, hundreds of plastic hangers and many padded hangers for women's nice clothes.  Now it is in better shape, I still have more clothes to go, old suits that I really will never touch, many pairs of jeans, some of which I'm about to be able to wear again as I'm into size 36 now for most pants.  This morning the magic number was 18.5 pounds lost.  I'm very thrilled with the weight loss and the energy that I've not had in years.  Late this afternoon I picked up some of the trash wood by the spa and filled the green garbage can, hope they like it, really don't care much if they do or not.  This evening I took the Civic which has a partial opening between the trunk and the interior of the car.  Ace had no redwood decking but Home Depot had some really good quality boards, 7 boards and $100 later, can you believe it?  Well I wondered as I pushed the cart to the car, will they fit?  Well they fit perfectly by moving the passenger seat to a flat position.

So when I got home I had to clear a path to carry these to the back deck.  Found I could carry two at a time easily so in no time the wood was on the back deck and ready for daylight so the last boards can be installed and the deck restored to its former self.  Next comes the clean up and then it will look much better on the lower deck and access to the spa will be better as well.  Nice to make progress.

I feel so much better these days, filled with energy and the weight loss is such a huge booster to moral.

This morning I jumped up at 7 and quickly prepared for my walk around the lake.  The 3 miles went by in about 35 minutes and then it was a quick breakfast.  At 8:50 I pulled up to pick up the girls.  They both enjoyed the drive and then Kallie decided today was the day to move from her present Sabbath School with Kim to the one for older children with Sylvia.  Keanna helped her decide and she loved it.  I think it was time for her to move and I'm glad she did.

After Sabbath School was over we went to Strings for lunch, both children wanted to go there which is a minor miracle in itself that they would agree.  Lunch was good, I had salad and I also had Keanna's salad.  And by 3 pm I knew I had just had salad, I was starving, had to stop by Starbucks and get a green soybean nut bar.  It was something else, packed with fiber and not too sweet.  It was good and did the trick.  At some point in the afternoon my blood was 109, that is normal for most people but low for me and I was feeling it.  Still I'm having so much progress with the blood sugar control now.  It was 136 this morning and that was without any long term insulin, I've stopped using long term totally.

For those of you who need to consider your weight I've done three things, stopped eating anything after dinner, I do have a tea or mocha but its very low fat and about 60 calories the way I made it.  This is the biggest thing I had to change as I would have a nice meal and then come home, make toast , put cheese on it, load it with peanut butter, or eat cottage cheese or anything I happened to see.  Not because I was hungry but because I was so lonely and depressed.  The eating did not make it better at all, just made sure I slept terribly due to the food load.

The number two thing is to drink water, lots of water, more than you ever thought you could drink and keep on drinking.  When I sit up in bed in the morning my first act is to pray, Lord knows I need that, then I drink my bottle of room temperature water.

The third things is a new attitude about the amount of what I eat.  My special friend said that though she never gains weight no matter what she eats she has chosen to just eat very small meals.  I heard that idea and adopted it for my own.  I eat a good breakfast, 1/2 cup of Oatmeal, I cook it in the microwave 3 minutes, then add a non sugar sweetener, the green package and then a very little soy milk.  In addition I have one piece of double fiber bread with light butter and a banana or orange.  I find that with the intense weight loss, 18.5 pounds in less than 3 weeks that I'm hungry a lot but the knowing that my face is thinner, the my tummy is much smaller, that clothes fit, that I've moved down a size in pants to 36, that the shirts will button when I do a tie, its all very exciting.  But the reason I'm doing all of this is not that pure.

When I was on Match.com the women I was attracted to by both their photos and their description of their lifestyle were ones I could never approach due to my girth.  I could not get past sending them an email and if they responded it was not in a kind manner.  For me to move forward with the kind of active woman I'm hoping for I have to bring a healthy and fitter guy to the game.  This morning I weighed 208, in less than two weeks I'll be at 200 and soon at 175.  In addition I'm full of energy, the blood sugar numbers are greatly improved, my heart is working fine, got up to 85 today while I was walking which is not bad considering the torrid pace I was at.  I'm able to do better and faster work now since I don't require naps all day.  I'm awake, alert and ready to play, to work.

I'm very thankful to my Heavenly Father for the help in doing this day by day and to my friend for her support and motivation.

Well I'm about to crash, I find that going to bed at a decent time helps this whole process.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment