Thursday, February 6, 2014

Holding at 19.5 pounds

Dear Friends and Family,

Suddenly the business has picked up and I'm busy.  This time its different as I'm alert, have energy and am much better physically prepared to take care of business. 

This morning it was pouring outside so I switched to the treadmill, the first time I've used it since I've lost the weight.  It was easy and enjoyable and the 30 minutes raced by rapidly.  What a joy to have lost the weight.  My work is easier when I'm in the field, I'm more alert when I'm driving and I don't feel worn out at the end of the day.

Speaking of the end of the day.  At 5 pm today I pulled up in front of a 3600 sf home in Dublin.  It was such a dark day that I had to shoot photos quickly, then shoot comps and then come back to measure the house before darkness took over.  It all worked out just fine but then I was hungry and it was 6 pm.  So I ventured into Fuddruckers, a place I used to sort of pig out in.

What to do?  Well I had my vegeburger as a wrap, a piece of lettuce and a side salad along with zero calorie lemonade.  The meal was great and I did not miss the big burger buns at all.  Then it was a quick stop at Safeway to pick up tomatoes, sugar free creamer, avocado, bananas, salad and low fat cottage cheese.  $19 and I was on my way, never happened that way before, always was over $50 for stuff that often went bad.

When I got to the office I found another order waiting and a request to rent the motorhome for burning man at the end of August.  Well I have my regulars that have been renting for years for Burning Man so I sent them an email and I've already heard back, yes they want it and are mailing a deposit check to hold the coach for the trip.  Now I need to let the nice guy who requested the coach know that it is already rented for that time.  You would not believe how much the rental amount is for Burning Man, people must really enjoy going there.

I had one of those nice referral calls today.  A tax guy in Brentwood refers to me when people need a day of death report.  So this really nice guy was calling to see if I could do his house in Oakland.  Well I ended up with the order, he paid me with a credit card, I ran it through square reader and got the money instantly, drove there this afternoon and did the inspection, will write the report up in the morning and deliver it to him by email.  Wow that was a nice blessing.

Well I'm back to work for awhile and then bed time for this guy.  Personal stuff is still heavy on my mind but I think time will solve it and I know God will guide, He always does.

Thank you for your prayers,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment