Monday, April 7, 2014

Another boring day but work got done

So not every day can have great exciting moments in it.

Did the walk, did breakfast, worked in the office to get out a Mountain House report.  Then I turned to the mail and there was NO money in it, bummer.

Broke down and made an appointment to have the timing belt replaced in the 2006 VW new beetle, due at 90K it now has 111,000 miles and I'm told that if the belt should fail at freeway speeds the engine would be destroyed.  That would be thousands of dollars so better to spend the $1075 and have it done for the next several years.  Seems there is never a good time to spend large amounts of money.

The family from France that had been deciding for the last month about renting my motorhome for 18 days in July made their decision.  They are wiring me the deposit as soon as they can figure out how to do that little deed.  I'm very pleased and I cut my prices as low as I could to make this happen.  They seem like such nice people and I know they will enjoy themselves very much on their trip.

My brother has been involved in a huge project replacing the leach lines for the septic system at his place in Weed.  He is 10 years older than I am and is out there working like a teenager every day moving rock, pipes, dirt.  But he is sure tired at night.  He thinks the project will be completed by tomorrow.  I wish I could drop everything and go up and watch him work, maybe even help him a little but I can't do that right now.

Well I have to cut this short as I still need to write up a report this evening and get it shipped out to the client.

Sending love to all and please continue to pray that God will work His way in my personal life.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment