Friday, April 11, 2014

Another week behind us

Well is God good or what?  If we could only get the hang of loving like God loves us.  Recently when I listened to the Shack, an excellent book, I was forced to think about the reality of God's love in ways I had never considered before.  I really need to listen again because the author of the novel may not have gotten everything right he certainly said things that make one think.  There is a lot about God's love and the problems we face when we try to judge each other.

This week has been a challenge because I've been out of contact with my special friend.  However God has led me through the week and I'm expanding my horizons and enjoying life very much.  While I could sure use more work, its slow and slow means little money coming in yet life is good overall.  I've not lost more weight but I've not gained a lot either.  Still walking my big three in the mornings and trying to eat carefully.

I had a disappointing work day today.  I struggled with a tough property most of the day only to lose the entire appraisal out of the computer this afternoon.  So I'll have to reenter much of the data which is never fun.  I was very angry at the time it happened.  I was at the point where I write the summary and ship the report when something happened, it did not save and only the first 1/3 of the report is intact.  Come Monday morning I'll be on the phone to the software designers, good people and working hard and get this solved.  There is an auto save function but twice recently it has failed.  I want to know why.

I'm thankful for life, thankful that Connie is back at home with Art, she has been undergoing some tests and in the hospital for a few days.  I'm thankful that my brother has finished the new leach line for his septic tank and he can now take it easy for a few days.  I'm thankful that Pooka got her grooming and that hair is no longer flying through the house.  There are always many things to be thankful for if we stop and consider.

Sending love to all,  Kallie starts baseball in the morning but I've promised to be at Sabbath School to help play for the little people so I guess I'll be there.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment