Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Windy days of spring

And then the allergies hit!

Some of us tend to dread spring, the winds, the flowers, the fruit trees because along with all of this comes the dreaded allergies.  For the last two days I've been hit pretty hard and so I rely on these little tabs that dissolved on your tongue.  But I think they effect me pretty badly, sleepy at first and then just sort of a downer on the day.  Something has turned my appetite on lately and its been very hard to stop eating.  I want to get down to 175 before I level off and right now I'm around 190 and moving up and down around that number.  I don't want to stop here but somehow I've got to stop eating so much.  Yikes, I don't want to slip back.

This morning I drove out to Castro Valley and inspected a home where a dear lady died recently and now her reverse mortgage is being called.  So I get called to determine how much the place is worth.  This time the daughter was really nice, last time the person would not even let me make an appointment so we did a driveby only.  Bad move by the children as an on site would probably have been a higher value, good for them equity wise I think.

While I was there I found the Starbucks, once again I was so pleased with the courtesy and kindness shown to me by the workers.  They are really amazing in almost every case.  Kind and thoughtful once again, clean bathrooms, a very good organization in my opinion.  One of the best on the scene today.  I just walk in and pay with my phone, I get decaffeinated coffee with room for sweetener and cream.  It lasts for a couple hours in the console of my bug sitting in its little designated place and I sip when I think of it. 

These days I'm listening to Who Killed Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly.  It is an amazing book, well paced, solid information and background on all the characters in his life at the time.  I'm loving it and will enjoy getting the other O'Reilly books to listen to.  I've been enjoying the last few books to much, ones from the library.  This one was a gift from someone, not sure who but I want to thank them right here.  My last book was by the creator of the Gong Show.  Turns out he was also a hit man for the CIA while he was producing this show and many others.  Its a great read.

I've been working this afternoon trying to stay in my chair.  Just now I finally got another one out the door and need to get one done in the morning before the girls come at 1:15 tomorrow afternoon.  I'm thrilled to have work and even more thrilled to get checks in the mail.

Last night the wind whipped through the bedroom in the slider door and out the window.  In a vain attempt to lose weight I tend to sleep with very light covers but last night was too cold but I never woke up enough to grab a second blanket so I was just cold all night, tonight is once again cold and this time I'll have a second blanket, no use freezing all night.  I tell you it is my intention not to be sleeping alone for much longer.  I'm fed up with the world passing along, everyone else seems to have someone and I'm alone.  This is going to change and of course I'm going to accept God's timing as He knows what is best.

So I'm sending love to all tonight.  Please remember Barbie and the boys as they cope without Gerry.  This Friday we'll do a graveside service at 11 and I hope to be able to return the favor that has been granted to me of knowing Gerry for all these many years.

What a guy he was!  I've included a photo of the two of us taken on that last Sunday when we visited and Barbie and Marilyn fed us all such a great lunch.

Good night all,

Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment