Friday, April 25, 2014

Late

I could not believe it, even leaving near to on time did not change the outcome.  I was late to the graveside service for Gerry today. Talk about stress as the traffic slowed and stopped on Highway 50, lanes are being updated so traffic is jammed into a couple lanes.  It was raining hard the entire trip.  The family was so gracious and Dennis met me with an umbrella when I arrived.  Then we proceeded and as I began to speak I looked out and noticed that Doug Bachelor and Karen were there.  Well Doug is one the churches best speakers and its always a bit stressful to be speaking when someone is much more experienced in the audience.  But I was there for a reason, the family had asked me to be there and I knew Gerry very well from our years of friendship.  It was a great honor to be able to recount a few examples of what kind of person Gerry was.  All the while I was speaking it was pouring rain, we were all huddled under a little green tent, sure was good to have it there.  At the end many dropped Roses on the casket.  Gerry sleeps now, his place is marked by heaven and I believe he will be raised when Jesus comes.  Praise the Lord.

Afterwards we all drove to a pizza place that Gerry and Barbara loved and fellowshipped together.  It was very fun.

This evening as I was driving home after having dinner with the kids at Spaghetti Factory something broke loose under the bug and is making a horrible thumping noise.  I slowed to 25 mph and limped home. Tomorrow I'll figure out what happened. I think a piece of the drivers front tire has ripped off and is hitting the car, oh well it held up all day as I drove from place to place.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment