Friday, April 18, 2014

Evening

Interesting day to be sure.

An email from Marilyn Bitzer alerted me to the Gerry passing away.  That sort of set the tenor of the day, losing one of your best friends is never easy or fully understandable.  My thoughts went to Barbie, faithful wife for 57 years.  Can you imagine that, 57 years.

As the day progressed I worked on the motorhome for hours thinking that renters were coming this evening to check it out.  They cancelled late this afternoon so I lost the $1100 rental that I was hoping for.  But it does mean I can attend the church campout at Lake McSween as I had planned for.  Otherwise I was not going to be able to enjoy the church campout that I've attended for years.  This way I can bring the paddle boats that they kids enjoy so much at the lake.

This evening I was at Olive Garden and not thinking ordered the wrong food.  I had planned to order the eggplant parm but I opened my mouth and ordered Fettichini Alfredo, a food I never let myself have due to the fat and carbs it contains.  Oh well it was great to feast on that and salad. I know I spelled it wrong, so wrong that the spell check can't find the correct spelling.

Now its bed time.

Love to all and special prayers for Barbie and family this evening.  Our graveside service will be next Friday and I'll be helping with that service.  Its not set in yet with me that Gerry is actually no longer with us.  He has always been there since Nan and I came to Central church so many years ago.  Gerry is a fixture in time and will always be treasured as a real individual.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment