Tuesday, November 16, 2010

12 hour days again

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write I'm so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open.  Its been a long day.
First we walked in the beautiful morning, then I taped up my arm and showered soaking and washing my hair with one hand, not such an easy trick.
Breakfast was excellent, steel cut oats, one vege sausage, one slice of multi grain toast with peanut butter, one banana and a little glass of OJ.
Soon after I hit the road for Santa Clara and with little traffic I arrived nearly on time.  However what I found upon arrival stunned me.  It was a 2 year old home in a 40 year old neighborhood.  They had left two walls standing and "rebuilt the home".  It was amazingly perfect in every way.  He demonstrated his control of the flat screen TV and sound system with his IPad, he could access direct TV, net flicks, his music from Itunes and a whole lot more.  Of course my comps were in adequate and I had left most of them in the printer when I left, but not to let up I just kept pressing onward.  Lois helped me find a Sees candy store nearby and so I traded in one of my precious coupons for a box of nuts and chews, then set direction for San Ramon Regional Hospital where I found Jim doing much better.  His road back will be long and bumpy but he plans to go home on Thursday afternoon this week.
After seeing Jim for a bit I left and using the many backroads got home quickly. I settled down to working and have just emailed the report out.  At 5 pm I made a snap decision to attend weight watchers in Brentwood.  The new leader was tremendous and I was so glad I went.
Now I'm heading to bed.  I'm totally tired, my eyes are sore from driving in all the sunshine but there is a satisfaction in going to bed having done a full days work, none of this 8 hour stuff, no I've worked solid since 7:30 and its now 9:30 so that is 14 hours.  That is enough for this old guy.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment