Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nice

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm home again after driving to MBA and enjoying a day with Mia and her family.  I actually got to hold her a lot today and she is a really beautiful little lady.  Her tiny hands and big searching eyes, her soft skin and loud vocal renditions made my day.  Jo and Jason are doing a great job with she and Timothy. 
I set no alarm this morning and just climbed out into the cold when I woke.  Having been up late watching DVR offerings the night was great.  I just snuggle in under my two light blankets with Starr clamped to my side.  I roll back and forth until the blankets are wrapped tightly around me, then I just let my body create warmth.  With these super cold nights, at least for California, I keep the doors and windows closed.  The hot shower feels so welcome in the mornings and climbing out remains a challenge in the cool air.

Once I arrived at MBA today I first went to the kids house and I played with the little ones while Jason and Jo finished up on preparing the food.  Jo made many tasty dishes of food which we then transported using the back of my van.  Along with several other families we descended on the fireside room at the gym complex where a fire was roaring and the room was decorated nicely.  There was so much food, it was just amazing.  Everything was good and there were several tasty vegan dishes that seemed to be a big hit with the several families that assembled there.  After we stuffed our bodies with food many played in the gym shooting baskets or kicking soccer balls, there were little people and middle aged people there and all enjoyed playing and socializing.

At around 5 most gave up and headed back to their respective homes.  For the last hour before I left I had Mia sleeping soundly on a pillow on my lap.  It was great just watching her peacefully resting there.  Tomorrow night I'll have many pictures to share.

I missed seeing my other family today.  They spent the afternoon with their adopted family in Tracy and tonight Nikki is camped out somewhere waiting for shopping opportunities somewhere at nearby stores.  Black Friday for me will be spent seeing 4 properties and shooting comps for a couple more places.  I'll be busy and I hope to pick up a check for over a thousand dollars for some estate work.  Now that is my idea of black Friday.

I'm pretty sure you had a great day today.  I'm trying to move my perspective more and more from crisis to greatfulness.  No matter there are many things to be thankful for and to appreciate.  I wait anxiously for word from PNC, my mortgage company, how I hope and pray that they will be able to render  some help in adjustment the amount I pay each month for my house payment..  There are so many that are wrestling with big issues this year and we really need to hold each other up.

So on this special day of thanks I add my thanks for each of you and for what you are doing to lift those around you to know Jesus better, to live caring lives and to move beyond all the push for stuff to touching people with real relationships.
Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment